AP State Syllabus AP Board 7th Class Science Solutions Chapter 6 Weather and Climate Textbook Questions and Answers.
AP State Syllabus 7th Class Science Solutions 6th Lesson Weather and Climate
7th Class Science 6th Lesson Weather and Climate Textbook Questions and Answers
Improve Your Learning
What aspects should you observe to know and predict the weather of your village?
We should observe
a) Humidity changes
b) Wind changes
c) Temperature changes
d) The sunrise and sunset times changes to predict the weather of the village.
Read a newspaper, collect the weather reports in it. Write about the various elements of the weather mentioned in the report.
1) The student is advised to read a newspaper and collect the weather reports in it.
2) Various elements of the weather mentioned in the report.
a) About rain – cms. of rain fall
b) Thunder showers
c) Dry weather
d) Sky – cloudy
e) Maximum temperature recorded on the day.
f) Minimum temperature recorded.
Where is the meteorological departments in your area? How is it useful to you?
Meteorological department is located at district head quarter. It collects data of temperature, rainfall and other climatic factors. It warns entire public from floods, rains, cyclones etc. It continues the study and analysis of rainfall, cyclones and tsunamis etc.
If it is hot and sweaty at a place, what could be the possible reasons for that?
- The place is situated at the equatorial region is hot.
- The places near a river or in coastal regions the weather in summer is sweaty.
Write true or false. Give reasons.
a) Minimum temperature is recorded in early morning. ( )
b) The direction and speed of wind is found by an Anemometer. ( )
c) In summer the winds blow towards the earth from the seas/ocean in the afternoon ( )
d) In our state the maximum temperature is recorded in the month of July. ( )
a) Minimum temperature is recorded in the early morning (True)
b) The direction and speed of wind is found by an Anemometer. (True)
c) In summer the winds blow towards the earth from the seas / oceans is the after noon. (True)
d) 1) In our state the maximum temperature is recorded is the month of July. (False)
- In our state the maximum temperature is recorded is the month of May
- Monsoon enters in the month of June itself and temperature gradually falls to normal day temperature.
Observe the graph showing rainfall (in mm) of a place from August to December. Write down the observations from it and what inference can you draw.
- There was more rainfall in November and December months.
- The rain fall in August, September and October months is relatively less.
- From the graph, one feels that the rainy season is shifted to November and December months.
Why do people need and observe weather?
People need to observe weather for many reasons.
- If the weather forecast expects a cyclone immediately disaster management must be taken up.
- Due to cyclones the sea water enters the low lying coastal areas, causing severe loss of life and property.
- People should make necessary arrangements to shift household goods, domestic
animals and vehicles …. etc., to safer places.
- Farmers take necessary steps in their cultivation process knowing the weather condition in advance.
Explain these symbols used in a weather forecast report.
These symbols are used as follows:
a) Sunny weather
b) Sunny weather with clouds in the sky.
c) The sky is cloudy.
e) Heavy rainfall
f) Sky is cloudy with thunders
Collect the weather reports from the newspapers and make a profile of the weather in a city.
The student is advised to do this with the help of the teacher.
Every year we have floods in the rainy season. Why?
- In certain areas during rainy season also the tanks and canals remain dry.
- The dried canals and tanks are used for other purposes.
- In such areas when it rains heavily there is no way to drain out the water.
- As a result many areas were flooded and submerged.
Observe your surroundings and try to predict how tomorrow would be?
- The surroundings are slowly becoming concrete jungles.
- The trees appear no more and many acres of cultivation land is converted into House flats.
- Trees are oxygen factors. They give us good rainfall and keep the temperature of the globe under control.
- The pollution in the atmosphere is causing a rise in the temperature of the atmosphere.
- Water, food and other basic things may become a problem tomorrow.
Priya’s mother said “It is very hard to stay at Vizag during summer” Why did she say so?
- Vizag is a coastal region.
- In summer we feel very sweaty in addition to feeling hot winds.
- Vizag is more humid also.
- So it is hard to stay at Vizag during Summer.
Collect different newspapers and compare the weather reports. Are they same or not? Why?
- The student can collect newspapers and compare the weather reports.
- The reports are found to differ slightly.
- As there is global warming, there is a change in the weather and is the reason for slight variations in the weather reports.
Observe your surroundings immediately after rain. Express your feelings in the form of a song.
- Rain brings a lot of happiness and pleasant atmosphere.
- The temperature of the weather suitably falls down and is quite comfortable to everyone.
- Each student reacts in his own way to this new atmosphere.
- So the song is the choice of the student and the student can express the feelings in the form of a song.
Prepare some questions to conduct a quiz programme in your class on this chapter.
Some questions suggested to conduct a quiz programme.
a) What kind of information does daily weather report carry?
b) What is weather ? What are its elements?
c) What is the difference between weather and climate.
d) What is the main cause of changes in weather?