AP State Syllabus AP Board 8th Class Biology Important Questions Chapter 2 Cell: The Basic Unit of Life
AP State Syllabus 8th Class Biology Important Questions 2nd Lesson Cell: The Basic Unit of Life
8th Class Biology 2nd Lesson Cell: The Basic Unit of Life 1 Mark Important Questions and Answers
Who discovered cell first time?
It was the year 1665 Robert Hooke, a British scientist discovered the cell.
Which part of cell contains cell organelles?
The jelly like substance between the nucleus and cell membrane is called cytoplasm. It is a heterogeneous material. It contains membrane bound structures called cell organelles.
What is the difference between cells in onion peel and cells in Spinach?
Cells in onion peel arranged systematically with prominent nucleus. Cells in spinach are in different sizes and shapes without nucleus to perform nutrition.
Make different questions to know cells and cell organelles.
- What are the structures present in the cells?
- Why cells are considered to be structural and functional unit of life?
Prepare different questions to know the discovery of cell.
- In which year cell discovered?
- Name the scientist who observed cells.
What is staining?
The process of using colouring agents in order to highlight particular areas in the cell is called staining.
What is ‘magnification’?
Amount of increase in apparent size of a thing more time than its normal size to visualise is called magnification.
What are Unicellular Organisms? Give examples.
The organisms survive its life with a single cell are called unicellular organisms.
Ex : Amoeba, Chlamydomonas, etc.
What is the meaning of ‘Cell’ in Latin?
In Latin ‘cell’ means ‘A little room’.
8th Class Biology 2nd Lesson Cell: The Basic Unit of Life 2 Marks Important Questions and Answers
“Cell wall is essential in plant cells” – Why?
- Cell wall gives mechanical strength.
- Without the cell wall, a plant can not stand errect.
- Cell wall helps the plant cells when they are turgid.
What is the significance of cover slip in your preparation of slides?
- Cover slip protects the material under study from coming in contact with the lens of the microscope.
- It presses upon the material keeping it plane.
How do you appreciate the role of microscope in the study of cell?
- The microscope is very useful instrument in the study of cells.
- Scientists use electron microscope for their study which can help to see upto a millionth of a meter.
- I will appreciate the role of microscope in the growth and development of science and human welfare.
8th Class Biology 2nd Lesson Cell: The Basic Unit of Life 4 Marks Important Questions and Answers
Observe the permanent slides of human body cells in your school. Collect the data in a tabular form.
|Name of the cell||Shape of the cell||Name of the parts|
|Muscle cell||Spindle shaped, short, elongated||Nucleus, cell membrane, cytoplasm.|
|RBC||Concave on both sides, sometimes round||Nucleus, cell membrane, cytoplasm.|
|Nerve cell||Long having processes||Nucleus, cell membrane, cytoplasm|
|White Blood Cell (WBC)||Amoeboid shape||Nucleus, cell membrane, cytoplasm, granules|